Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coffee Machine that stays hot!

Options
  • 26-11-2019 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

So I tend to make one large pot of coffee a day and drink it throughout my workday (work from home).

I've been looking for a coffee machine which keeps the coffee in the pot hot for a few hours at a time. Mine currently turns off every 30 minutes, it's a major hassle and nothing throws off my day like going for a refill and finding the pot cold :(

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Have a look at Technivorm Moccamaster,

https://technivorm.com/products/thermal/kbgt-polished-silver/

....handmade in Holland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭harr

I have had the same problem... I have used one before in an office setting where the coffee was kept hot but to be honest it’s wasn’t that tasty after 3 or 4 hours on a kind of hot plate it was on.
    I purchased a good quality flask and now fill that with black coffee and it does the job perfectly and I would get about 6 hours of hot coffee.
    You can get some god insulated coffee jugs which might do same job.
    The one linked above is a great machine and I have seen some great reviews on you tube.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Yeah.......I agree with the flask system.

Any Nordic Noir TV programme or book I've read........they all seem to have a flask knocking about, full of coffee. And they would know.
    It's much more economical and readily available to have a flask full of coffee. I've done it with tea last winter in the house. Made a big pot, stick it in a big flask.......tea all day. Fire on. Glued to couch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭smcclaw

Flask route here also.

Bought a Klean Canteen one. Advertised as keeping contents hot for 36 hours... never had need to test to that extreme but so much more effective than my old thermos. Also seems to taste better to me than my work filter coffee that sits on a hotplate for 8 hours...

Advertisement