Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What to do with my 325CI?

Options
  • 24-11-2019 10:23pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Right lads, my 325CI has been sitting idle for the last few months and really it has to go. I'm not too sure what to do with it really. It does still run perfectly fine, it might need a MAF sensor but that's not too big of a deal. The problem is that there's no market for these cars any more and I'm almost afraid to put it on donedeal.

The BBS wheels are honestly worth more than the car I reckon. Just have to figure out what to do with the whole lot. It has an NCT until May, no real issues and all in all it's in very good condition. Maintained meticulously for the 7 years I've had it.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Try advertising it on bmwhaus?
    A well kept example would probably find a buyer there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

I'd still put it up on Donedeal tbh. You won't get a lot due to the tax on it but there is still a small market for that type of car.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Alan I'll be looking for one come spring. Send me a PM and we can try work something out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

What year is it? I have privately bought and sold e39s and e60s in last 3 or 4 years but since I picked them up for buttons I let them go for buttons. Good cars so it grates to give them away. I understand.
    All 2.5s so on the 1080 euro tax rate like yours.

Got 2 grand for a decent 06 523i m sport automatic in June 2018 and 1700 for an 04 e39 525i sport in 2016 some time. The e39 was in great nick and unusual to find in an 04. Both had approx 125k miles / 200k kms on them when sold. Both my daily drivers for about 2 years and we'll looked after both before and during my ownership.
    If its a sport and you meticulously looked after it you might be looking at money like that but not sure I've lost touch with that end of market. Of its an SE I fear there's no market at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,396 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Give it to Leonard Hofstadter as a donor car :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Do your injectors work? Will they work on an E92 325? Give me them if so :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Give it to Leonard Hofstadter as a donor car :)

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,843 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

such great cars and the 2.5L is the best pick with the motor tax system here! forget the 2L, the 2.2L is 25bhp less, the 2.5 is only E130 more. you jump up to anything over 2500cc, even a few cc and the rates just goes up a nonsensical amount. It would be a far easier sell if a facelift IMO...

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭WacoKid

You may get interest from Northern Ireland as the tax is lower and they do like their old BMW 6 cylinder petrols. You may not get much for it but if you want it gone then its another potential market.

Advertisement