Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grant boiler

Options
  • 24-11-2019 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

Hi all, my Grant boiler was installed in 2005 and last year became a bit troublesome (upstairs wouldn't heat). I asked the man who services the boiler (oil delivery guy trained to service boiler, not a plumber) what he reckoned and he said he thinks the micro switches were the cause and to just keep fiddling with the switch until it comes on.
    This worked last year but unfortunately not this year, my question is who would I ring for this problem? Is it a plumber or an electrician?
    Also finally if its just an older boiler system that now needs replacing what would that cost roughly? Just so I can save like mad. Its a four bed semi in Galway county with oil fired central heating.
    Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭jimf

the fact that upstairs worked last year by fiddling with microswitches your motorised valve probably needs replacing

local plumber should be able to do this for you most times its the actuator only that needs changing once they are still available

I wouldn't consider this a boiler problem as such a well serviced boiler 14 years old should still have plenty life in it

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭bertsmom

Jimf thank you so much for taking the time to reply, you also were a huge help the last time I asked for advice on this forum.
    Fashion and beauty and animals are my main areas of interest so im doubtful if I could ever be of any help to you but I really appreciate the time you take to give advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭jimf

bertsmom wrote: »
    Jimf thank you so much for taking the time to reply, you also were a huge help the last time I asked for advice on this forum.
    Fashion and beauty and animals are my main areas of interest so im doubtful if I could ever be of any help to you but I really appreciate the time you take to give advice.

fashion or beauty would be way out of my league bertsmom

now animals we can talk about until next sunday belt away

glad to able to help re your question that's what I do for my sins service and repair oil boilers

Advertisement