Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil central heating 😐

Options
  • 24-11-2019 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Can anyone help me with a closed central heating system, the expansion vessel in the hot press when you press in the valve water comes out , does this mean the bladder inside is burst and what problems can this cause?
    And what pressure should it be at , if the bladder is burst and I pump in air It will only air lock the system, also theres no pressure gauge on the system, so the filling loop for topping it up is a wild guess then as to whether it's full or not, also if the coil was gone inside the copper cylinder what can I do to find out if it's gone,
    Any advice appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

If there is water coming out of expansion vessel air nozzle then it needs replacing.

Surest way to test coil is to isolate it and pressureize it.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

Advertisement