Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radiator thermostatic valves - need replacing?

Options
  • 24-11-2019 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭

We have 14 year old thermostatic valves on our radiators.

The make/model is Terrier ll.

The problem is that the radiators seem to run at max regardless of the setting - a choice of 1-5 on the valve.

Do they wear out after a while?

I have removed each of them and the pop-up pin (not sure what it’s called!) is working fine on all radiator pipes except one.

Also, I can feel that the adjustment pin in each of the valves rises and falls as I turn the knob between 1 and 5.

Should I replace them?

If I set the valve to say, 2, I would expect the radiator to be just a little warm. How does the valve keep it like this?

One last question...

Our boiler is a 15 year old Heatline. When it is heating up, it goes into the red zone and then falls back to between 1 and 2. Is this a normal heating pattern?

Thanks.

D.

Advertisement