Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with thermostat wiring on an oil boiler

Options
  • 24-11-2019 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Background first: I've been having trouble with my heating for the last week.
    The boiler will turn on and off sporadically, and sometime on and off within a few seconds.
    This only seems to happen after the rads have started to get warm in the house, so I believe there is no trouble with fuel getting to the boiler, but that it's thermostat is not working.
    I've also swapped my indoor upstairs and downstairs thermostats to make sure it wasn't one of those (they are both tado wireless controlled thermostats).
    Anyhow, got a thermostat for the boiler but I want to check the wiring first.
    My boiler is a firebird, and the termostat that is on it currently is a firebird.
    Here's some pics of the the wiring (click the pic for a bigger image):

IMG-20191124-113411.jpg IMG-20191124-113323.jpg IMG-20191124-113314.jpg

The new thermostat has the following wiring config (click the pic for a bigger image):

IMG-20191124-113251.jpg IMG-20191124-113255.jpg IMG-20191124-113301.jpg

Just wanted to double check here before wiring the new one up.

Can someone tell me how ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Actually - just talked to a friend who knows about this and this is what he described:

Screenshot-2019-11-24-12-49-47-895.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,474 ✭✭✭John.G

If its operating sporadically it may have nothing to do with either the room stats or the boiler stat, if you have the time (or someone else) stand adjacent to the boiler and see/hear if the boiler fan is still running when this occurs, you will hear the "whoof" each time the burner lights off. If it is actually cutting in/out rapidly then you will clearly hear the fan motor stopping, on restart it will then run for ~ 7 secs (purging) before it lights up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭jimf

as john says above

you may be looking in the wrong place for a solution for your problem

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Thanks all - I'll check that too so

Advertisement