Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advent activities

Options
  • 23-11-2019 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

I'm considering making up an advent with acitivities for us to do as a family every day..not necessarily anything major every day but I have first December sorted already with village's Christmas lights switch on being on that evening :) would love lovely suggestions as I'd like to make it more about making memories especially as a growing family.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

thats a brilliant idea, it years to come it can be a tradition and no doubt amazing memories

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

A day to make cards with the children, a decorating day, a Christmas movie day, Santa letter day....

A wonderful idea.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

A day doing a Christmas jigsaw and a Christmas baking day?
    Maybe a day going to see a Christmas concert/choir... a walk around the neighbourhood admiring local decorations and trees is also enjoyable- if you get a dry day! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Christmas walk looking for Holly with berries, if your Catholic a day going to see a nice crib, a day where old toys and things are given to charity

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Lots of great idea.

Couple of left field ones;

Visit a family member/neighbour/friend who is on their own
    (my wife has an uncle who has no kids and his wife passed about 5 years ago, we call over a few days before Christmas Day and sing a few songs, open some presents and have a mini Christmas meal.)

Your own Christmas carol/song concert. At home and can record it!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

a day where old toys and things are given to charity
    That is a great one, can't beat a declutter, so why not get the kids involved!? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

We did this a few years ago, although it was a more grown up version! A nice thing to do closer to Christmas is to visit one of the houses that goes over the top with decorations and collects money for charity. If that’s not an option, driving (or walking) around your own area to look at the houses always throws up a few surprises.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Posy wrote: »
    A day doing a Christmas jigsaw and a Christmas baking day?
    Maybe a day going to see a Christmas concert/choir... a walk around the neighbourhood admiring local decorations and trees is also enjoyable- if you get a dry day! :pac:

Oops, I definitely didn’t read before posting. :D

Another nice small thing to do is to make big mugs of hot chocolate with loads of toppings.

Advertisement