Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I volunteer?

Options
  • 21-11-2019 7:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭

I am looking to do content writing as a volunteer and to dip my toe in the water. I have a related post grad in a business area and could set up a blog but would prefer to volunteer for a company/ business who know what they want to achieve.

I am doing google stuff and follow some sites of interest to build my knowledge. I also use some graphic design sites.Any ideas where I could volunteer to do some content development? Mods this is not a promo but a genuine asking for help as to where I could volunteer to write.Any help/ advice would be really appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭ShauntaMetzel

Would you ask for charges for your content writing services? Or offering it free to improve writing skills? Willing to insert some links into posts?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭NSAman

Volunteer by not sending SEO flipping emails to me... 30 a day..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Blaizes

Would you ask for charges for your content writing services? Or offering it free to improve writing skills? Willing to insert some links into posts?

No willing to do it voluntarily just to gain some experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

I'm also willing to volunteer to do some SEO work to get stuck into to some "live" projects....

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭luketitz

I'd suggest building up your own portfolio by finding sites you feel you'd add value to, start by searching "write for us" or "contribute" and you'll find a ton of sites open to guest content contributions.

Here's a lot more options if you wanna go further down this particular rabbit-hole - https://guestpost.com/blog/2018/01/list-blogging-search-operators/

• Advertisement
Advertisement