Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Theft of My Baby Girls Items From Grave

Options
  • 21-11-2019 12:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi People. In the last couple of months items ( toys that her cousins gave her) have been going missing from my baby’s resting place. On the first occasion 3 action hero figures went missing, These were replace with 5 new figures all similar to what were taken. These 5 figures have now been removed. My wife and I are dismayed as to how anybody could do this, let alone to Baby. — I guess my reason for posting here is.. Can anyone recommend a camera or anything at all that I could get to film what is going on. I would need something with a long life as unfortunately we cannot be there all the time to see who is doing this.

Many thanks In Advance,

A Distraught Parent.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,285 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Maybe a motion activated wildlife cam? Available on Amazon.
    Have you checked with the graveyard authority? Some grounds have rules that prohibit trinkets, windmills and the like and will remove them from graves.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Ned Led Zeppo

The robbers would probably steal the camera as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

You could possibly place a trail camera nearby, facing the grave.

Does the graveyard have any rules on what can be placed on the graves?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 cullieh

Maybe a motion activated wildlife cam? Available on Amazon.
    Have you checked with the graveyard authority? Some grounds have rules that prohibit trinkets, windmills and the like and will remove them from graves.

Hey thanks for that, It’s something I didn’t think of. There has been not problem with toys being place there before. 99 per cent remain, it is just these action figures that are being taken ðŸ™

the_syco wrote: »
    You could possibly place a trail camera nearby, facing the grave.

Does the graveyard have any rules on what can be placed on the graves?

Thank you. No they are very understanding of our situation, and do not mind what toys we give our daughter. Thanks so much for the advice re: Tge camera

• Advertisement

The robbers would probably steal the camera as well.

No doubt they would, However there are plenty of bushes and trees nearby that it could be placed while at the same time out of sight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

I know this has upset you a lot as you've started 2 threads on it, and it IS really disgraceful that someone has done this, but I'm afraid that by trying to buy and install a camera to catch them you're just going to be throwing more money away.

It's doubtful you will be successful in getting video that will have a clear view of the perpetrators. And I'm sorry to tell you this, but even if you got video, the gardai aren't going to do anything about it. They just won't. I'm only saying this to save you more aggravation.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

cullieh wrote: »
    Hey thanks for that, It’s something I didn’t think of. There has been not problem with toys being place there before. 99 per cent remain, it is just these action figures that are being taken ðŸ™

I dunno - but is it possible a child is taking the figures to play with? Could be a possibility perhaps ...

Advertisement