Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rathdrum , wicklow , bins, electric, oil providers

Options
  • 20-11-2019 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi Guys,

can anyone recommend good providers for the below items, im moving to rathdrum in a few weeks so want to start setting up

heating oil provider, electricity provider (not a weekly meter) , bins
    anything else you can recommend when moving into a new home!

Thank you :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

I live up the road in Glenealy - I use Vodafone for my broadband, Campus oil for the heating (I dont even need to be home when they deliver as long as there is easy access to the tank), Thorntons for my bins (I have three bins - general, recycle and compost) and SSE for the electricity. Happy enough with all of them, but do shop around before deciding.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 lyons123

dogmatix wrote: »
    I live up the road in Glenealy - I use Vodafone for my broadband, Campus oil for the heating (I dont even need to be home when they deliver as long as there is easy access to the tank), Thorntons for my bins (I have three bins - general, recycle and compost) and SSE for the electricity. Happy enough with all of them, but do shop around before deciding.
    Thanks so much, very helpful!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 lyons123

dogmatix wrote: »

Is the broadband you get high speed? Where having trouble finding one

• Registered Users Posts: 33,739 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Use whomever is cheapest at the time for oil.

Sticking to a provider is madness. Can be variance of 50 euro on it. There are several providers on this east coast stretch. None need you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

lyons123 wrote: »
    Is the broadband you get high speed? Where having trouble finding one

It is e-fibre or so they say. I have no idea if it is high speed, as long as I can watch netflix without it slowing down or I can surf the net. I don't download or upload large quantities of data.

My only issue with vodafone is their tendency to bugger-up my phonewatch system if they ever need to fiddle with my phone lines.

• Advertisement
Advertisement