Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Consumer rights - animal related

Options
  • 20-11-2019 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

If you pay for an animal months in advance then the breeder changes their mind, is there any legal recourse to force them to honour the arrangement?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭LastStop

redroisin wrote: »
    If you pay for an animal months in advance then the breeder changes their mind, is there any legal recourse to force them to honour the arrangement?

Not really. The only recourse you'd have is if they weren't giving you the money back. The breeder can simply claim there is an issue with the animal and as a "responsible" breeder they won't sell it.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭redroisin

LastStop wrote: »
    Not really. The only recourse you'd have is if they weren't giving you the money back. The breeder can simply claim there is an issue with the animal and as a "responsible" breeder they won't sell it.

I guess all I can do is make it known publically that his word means nothing.
    😢

Mod
    You might be sued for defamation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

redroisin wrote: »
    I guess all I can do is make it known publically that his word means nothing. ��

And how will that benefit you?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,195 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

LastStop wrote: »

I guess this must mean that damages for breach of contract have been removed as a remedy in Ireland.

Marcusm wrote: »
    I guess this must mean that damages for breach of contract have been removed as a remedy in Ireland.

That's exactly what it is, a breach of contract! We were friends and show horses, he is VERY competitive and decided the foal I paid for was too good to sell and wanted to keep him, but now is saying he doesn't want to sell an inutero foal, I'm gutted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

How many threads do you need on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

endacl wrote: »
    How many threads do you need on this?

another 2 more should do it i think

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Are you even legally considered a consumer in this scenario? I'd see it as a B2B contract

• Registered Users Posts: 10,195 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

L1011 wrote: »
    Are you even legally considered a consumer in this scenario? I'd see it as a B2B contract

Will that depend on whether the horse is intended for consumption?

another 2 more should do it i think
    No need to be rude, wasn't sure the best place was to ask and wanted answers... the point of asking.

• Advertisement
Advertisement