Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet cafes/printing services in Limerick? (& pubs)

Options
  • 19-11-2019 9:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

It's my first time being around the city in what must be at least a decade. I'm in Limerick for a couple of days and I need to get some printing done.

I can recall there used to be an internet cafe called Eurosurf which was popular back in the early/mid-2000's. It used to be down a laneway just off William Street, then subsequently moved to a location on Ellen Street. I thought I'd chance there, but lo and behold, I got there to find out that not only is it not there anymore, the building that it used to be based out of has been demolished.

Are there any places in the city centre that can do printing? I do recall there used to be a branch of Snap printing out in UL, but I don't fancy trekking all the way out there unless I know that it's still about. Can anyone confirm if it is still in business?

While I was walking down Ellen Street looking for Eurosurf I also noticed that Quinn's Bar is closed, and by the looks of things has been for a good while. I am meeting a friend on Saturday who is coming home for the weekend, and would like to know where is the best place to go for a couple of drinks in the early evening? The only other bars that I can remember off the top of my head from back in the day are Nancy's (which I never liked, tbh) and Charlie's (the last time I was there I would have been about 19 or 20. Even back then I felt like I an auld fella compared to the rest of the crowd, and from what I am told not much has changed). There was also Bobby Byrne's which I used to like back then though it is a good bit far out for me. I did see a place while I was out walking called The Red Hen, where Mojo's used to be. Is it any good? Anyone have some recommendations?

Last question while I'm here - where would be the best place to pick up a decent shirt for a function I'll be attending on Friday?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭sioda

Snap are still in town up near the o Connell monument and docucentre as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭FSO_Polonez

sioda wrote: »
    Snap are still in town up near the o Connell monument and docucentre as well

Ah yes, I knew they were also in town someplace but couldn't remember where it was. You don't happen to know what their rates are like? I just need to print out about 6 pages worth of a speech that I've prepared so I can practice it.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

I’ve used Polyprint on Catherine St. Just up from Starbucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭chicorytip

It's my first time being around the city in what must be at least a decade. I'm in Limerick for a couple of days and I need to get some printing done.

I can recall there used to be an internet cafe called Eurosurf which was popular back in the early/mid-2000's. It used to be down a laneway just off William Street, then subsequently moved to a location on Ellen Street. I thought I'd chance there, but lo and behold, I got there to find out that not only is it not there anymore, the building that it used to be based out of has been demolished.

Are there any places in the city centre that can do printing? I do recall there used to be a branch of Snap printing out in UL, but I don't fancy trekking all the way out there unless I know that it's still about. Can anyone confirm if it is still in business?

While I was walking down Ellen Street looking for Eurosurf I also noticed that Quinn's Bar is closed, and by the looks of things has been for a good while. I am meeting a friend on Saturday who is coming home for the weekend, and would like to know where is the best place to go for a couple of drinks in the early evening? The only other bars that I can remember off the top of my head from back in the day are Nancy's (which I never liked, tbh) and Charlie's (the last time I was there I would have been about 19 or 20. Even back then I felt like I an auld fella compared to the rest of the crowd, and from what I am told not much has changed). There was also Bobby Byrne's which I used to like back then though it is a good bit far out for me. I did see a place while I was out walking called The Red Hen, where Mojo's used to be. Is it any good? Anyone have some recommendations?

Last question while I'm here - where would be the best place to pick up a decent shirt for a function I'll be attending on Friday?
    Copy That, formerly known as Videodome, on Upr. Henry St for your printing needs. Paul Flynn is the owner - a gentleman.
    Try Mother Macs bar on the High St formerly the Round House.
    Ken Sexton Menswear on Thomas St.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Your local library. You don't need to be a member.
    Check opening hours; possibly closed Mondays.

• Advertisement

chicorytip wrote: »
    Copy That, formerly known as Videodome, on Upr. Henry St for your printing needs. Paul Flynn is the owner - a gentleman.
    Try Mother Macs bar on the High St formerly the Round House.
    Ken Sexton Menswear on Thomas St.

Got the printing sorted. Nice chap at the front desk in the hotel agreed to do it for me for free!

The Round House, I think I vaguely remember it yes. Not sure if I was ever in it. I may well have been at some point, can't really remember as it would have been ages ago. I'll call there at some stage tomorrow evening and check it out.

I'll check out Ken Sexton tomorrow and see what he's got. Cheers!

I’ve used Polyprint on Catherine St. Just up from Starbucks.

Have that bit sorted now but thanks for the input.

There's a Starbuck's in Limerick now? Goes to show you how long it's been since I was last here!

Have that bit sorted now but thanks for the input.

There's a Starbuck's in Limerick now? Goes to show you how long it's been since I was last here!

We have traffic lights, the internet and all the mod cons these days :pac:

Also, theres a nice little pub across from Starbucks you might like. Ma Hogans. Bourkes was there before which you might remember.

Also, theres a nice little pub across from Starbucks you might like. Ma Hogans. Bourkes was there before which you might remember.

Ah yes, I do remember that one now. Another place to check out. Isn't/wasn't there actually another place down the arch/laneway? Or have I got my wires crossed? Only trouble is if I try all of them I probably won't be very good at giving that speech!

I've been away from Limerick too long. All the memories (most of them good) are flooding back now!

• Advertisement

Ah yes, I do remember that one now. Another place to check out. Isn't/wasn't there actually another place down the arch/laneway? Or have I got my wires crossed? Only trouble is if I try all of them I probably won't be very good at giving that speech!

I've been away from Limerick too long. All the memories (most of them good) are flooding back now!

Ya Mickey Martins is down the lane. Hope you enjoy your stay here!

Thanks everyone who contributed & gave advice. I had a great trip. I should come back here more often!

Advertisement