Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is beer brewed in Cork 5.30 a pint?

Options
  • 19-11-2019 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭

Somebody with industry knowledge might clue me in.......got a rising son changeling in Sine E this Eve at 8pm and it was 5.30.
    Now it's an interesting enough beer, but why so much. I'd imagine the brewery which is more or less across the road can have a keg delivered for less than 50 cent a pint cost.
    Was in Witherspoon's before for an Abbot ale at 2.75.
    Wouldn't you think it be in everyone's interest locally to sell at around 4.50 and not higher.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Delivery has little or no impact on price. Brewery's charge what they charge and that's it. Margin on draught beer is small compared to other products.

Wetherspoons is based on economy of scale. If I worked for a company that size I would be paying less per keg than I am

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭lalababa

Delivery has no impact on price?
    Must be the only industry where it doesn't!

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

think its actually more expensive in the rising sons brew pub ( 5.70 ? )
    its priced high because craft beer is cool and hipster and the people behind it know what people will pay.
    i left rising sons one sunday ( think i paid 5.70 for own label brew ) went over to the bierhaus and paid 3.50 for 9 white deer on cask ( inc beoir discount at the time)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

paid 3.50 for 9 white deer on cask ( inc beoir discount at the time)

being a beoir member you'll surely understand why cask is priced this way and that makes this an extremely disengenuous comparison

• Registered Users Posts: 33,778 ✭✭✭✭listermint

being a beoir member you'll surely understand why cask is priced this way and that makes this an extremely disengenuous comparison

Probably not....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

thanks for the concern about my cask knowledge. was just highlighting that craft beer brewed in Cork can trade at differing price points. it is a thread asking about the price of beer brewed in Cork after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Hoboo

I'd imagine it's simply the price point where demand meet supply. Possibly can only produce a limited amount? I don't know the size/production capacity of their brewery so can't say for sure.

Advertisement