Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hive/Climote Installation

Options
  • 19-11-2019 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    There's been a few crowds call around to my estate recently saying they'd install Hive or Climote and basically use the SEAI heating controls grant to do this.

Having taken a look at the grant myself, it's worth €750.

Is it worth having one of these crowds do all the paperwork and fitting of the Hive or Climote system for that or are you better off just going and doing this yourself?

If you do elect to have one of these businesses come out and do the job for you and collect the grant on your behalf, does that have any effect on other grants? For example, if they fit a Hive system and collect the €750 grant, would there have been anything else I could have included for that €750 if I happened to be doing the fitting myself?

Kinda at a loss with what to do...seems to good to be true.

Advertisement