Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow cistern

Options
  • 19-11-2019 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭

Hi

My cistern has started taking about 30 minutes to fill. It is push button one with no ballcock.

I’ve opened it up and the water is hissing from the valve. I assume I can just pick up a replacement valve/washer in chadwicks.

But just wanted to check in here and see if I’m on the right track.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

nialldinho wrote: »
    Hi

My cistern has started taking about 30 minutes to fill. It is push button one with no ballcock.

I’ve opened it up and the water is hissing from the valve. I assume I can just pick up a replacement valve/washer in chadwicks.

But just wanted to check in here and see if I’m on the right track.

Thanks

Try turning off the water, opening the valve and see if it's dirty / got debris in it. If it is, clean it out and put it back together and see how quick it fills.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭nialldinho

Morpork wrote: »
    Try turning off the water, opening the valve and see if it's dirty / got debris in it. If it is, clean it out and put it back together and see how quick it fills.

Thanks. Just had a look. Seems to be a small tear in the rubber washer so will pick one up

Advertisement