Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Combi Oil Boiler Advice

Options
  • 19-11-2019 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭

Hi we are doing rennovations on 2 story period detached property and I'm trying to get my head around what system we want

House will have:

- 4 beds
    - 1 new bathroom with shower & bath (possibly mixer shower)
    - 1 new en suite with electric shower possibly
    - 1 new down stairs toilet

- kitchen/dining
    - living
    - office

Current system is an old non zoned, non condensing oil boiler with expansion , cold water storage and copper hot water tank / immersion

have a evoHome ready to install for zoning if needed

will possibly physically zone if we can when some floors are up and moving/installing new boiler&new double steel rads throughout

not sure on mains pressure just yet but it seems to be powerful in the kitchen

we would like to have a high pressure , rain shower type in the bathroom
    an electric in the en suite
    hot water readily available at the taps

Was thinking an External 36kW Combi Oil Boiler may meet our demands, something like a grant vortex blue but have no idea whats good or if we are missing something.
    I know you can get ones with their own storage tank too but not sure our demand would need it.
    mixer shower and a couple hot water taps would be all that would run simultaneous.

would electric make us of a hot water feed?
    i think there might be 2 types, one with element and one without

any steer in a better suited direction from anyone with experience would be much appreciated

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭booooonzo

Anyone have an similar experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭OwenM

I'd say leave boiler sizing and selection to the plumber if you want him to stand over his work. The boiler output is adjustable (by the plumber, not a user adjustable item) via the sprayer afterwards so it's difficult to get wrong.

Maybe plumb both showers to the combi?

Buffer or storage tanks would, I think, only be used in conjunction with solar - a combi means HW on demand?

Advertisement