Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water leaking from floor

Options
  • 18-11-2019 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,666 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks, noticed some water leaking from under floor (laminate wood) on border between tiles in kitchen. Have checked washing machine and fridge/freezer (all in kitchen) and doesn't appear to be any obvious leak from them. There's underfloor heating (which I've now switched off). It's a first floor apartment. Any idea what could be cause of best way of resolving this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,666 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Got this sorted, ended up being issue with pump from boiler which caused water build up behind washing machine and under floor.

Anyone know how long it would be best to wait to turn on underfloor heating? Worried about possible issues with electric or the heat warping the wood.. Anyone have any experience/advise on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

Eod100 wrote: »
    Got this sorted, ended up being issue with pump from boiler which caused water build up behind washing machine and under floor.

Anyone know how long it would be best to wait to turn on underfloor heating? Worried about possible issues with electric or the heat warping the wood.. Anyone have any experience/advise on this?

Have you used silica de humidifiers around area for a while first? Collect as much water slowly out of the area prior to turning on any heat, if putting heat on do very low level for a while.

Have you used silica de humidifiers around area for a while first? Collect as much water slowly out of the area prior to turning on any heat, if putting heat on do very low level for a while.

Nope, most of water was behind washing machine which is all mopped up. Wasn't huge amount of water under the floors themselves but it's all gone now. Slight dampness to floors left. Where would you source one of those dehumidifiers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

Eod100 wrote: »
    Nope, most of water was behind washing machine which is all mopped up. Wasn't huge amount of water under the floors themselves but it's all gone now. Slight dampness to floors left. Where would you source one of those dehumidifiers?

Any hardware/woodies etc - they are not electric just plastic boxes of silica that dry up water in surrounding areas / air. I would advise lifting the flooring if at all possible.

Any hardware/woodies etc - they are not electric just plastic boxes of silica that dry up water in surrounding areas / air. I would advise lifting the flooring if at all possible.

Ah I get ya know. Yeah might pick up a few or else electric dehumidifier. Floors seem grand so dunno would I get away with not pulling them up..

• Advertisement
Advertisement