Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky LNB switched out. Picking up junk but not BBC/ITV etc.

Options
  • 18-11-2019 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭

I have purchased the below LNB and swapped it out with the sky one that was on my dish.

Wideband LNB (For Zone 2 Satellite Dishes)
    CODE: 13G_VW2L_PHX

I have put the cable directly into my LG 55OLEDC8 and auto tuned to Astra 28.2e and seen 100% viability etc.
    It has picked up 150ish channels of mainly junk; QVC, cruise channel, Euronews, locked sky sports channels etc. The problem is that i hasn't picked up on the actual channels I wanted like the BBC/ITV/Channel 4 etc.

Can anyone help with this? Although my sky account doesn't expire for another 3 weeks I don't think it should matter as I am going straight into the TV?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭swoofer

Why change the lnb unless it was sky q but the one you got is still similar. You need a bog standard sky lnb or a hybrid if you want future proofing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

You are using the wrong LNB I'm afraid , the one you list is for SKY Q boxes .
    Jesper wrote: »
    I have purchased the below LNB and swapped it out with the sky one that was on my dish.

Wideband LNB (For Zone 2 Satellite Dishes)
    CODE: 13G_VW2L_PHX

I have put the cable directly into my LG 55OLEDC8 and auto tuned to Astra 28.2e and seen 100% viability etc.
    It has picked up 150ish channels of mainly junk; QVC, cruise channel, Euronews, locked sky sports channels etc. The problem is that i hasn't picked up on the actual channels I wanted like the BBC/ITV/Channel 4 etc.

Can anyone help with this? Although my sky account doesn't expire for another 3 weeks I don't think it should matter as I am going straight into the TV?

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Jesper

F*** - I had a Sky Q box so I thought this would align. But it seems like this is a replacement LNB for Sky Q? rather than a 'non-sky' LNB?

Can you suggest a proper replacement?
    Tony wrote: »
    You are using the wrong LNB I'm afraid , the one you list is for SKY Q boxes .

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Jesper

swoofer wrote: »
    Why change the lnb unless it was sky q but the one you got is still similar. You need a bog standard sky lnb or a hybrid if you want future proofing.

I had Sky Q. But think I'll just go to Euronics and get the €20 one they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Jesper wrote: »
    F*** - I had a Sky Q box so I thought this would align. But it seems like this is a replacement LNB for Sky Q? rather than a 'non-sky' LNB?

Can you suggest a proper replacement?

Wideband is what you should avoid. Universal or LNBs without any designation will be what you need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭lowbatt07

Vic_08 wrote: »
    Wideband is what you should avoid. Universal or LNBs without any designation will be what you need.

Saorsat is on wide band isn’t it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Elvis Hammond

lowbatt07 wrote: »
    Saorsat is on wide band isn’t it ?

'Wideband' is in relation to how the LNB works, nothing to do with the broadcast satellite frequencies.

These have names such as Ku-band, where nearly all European satellite TV can be found, & Ka-band, a higher frequency band where Saorsat is transmitted.

Advertisement