Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Titanic Plum Porter

Options
  • 17-11-2019 1:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Apologies for starting a new thread but I couldn't find any suitable existing discussion for this...

Would anyone know where I could pick up some Titanic Brewery Plum Porter please? A couple of years back Lidl had it as a special and then I was able to get my hands on some in the UK last year, but looking to buy a few in the Dublin area over the next few weeks if possible.

I've kept an eye out in all the major supermarkets and asked in a couple of Next Door, O'Brien's and Molloy's, but no joy. If anyone knows where it's available that'd be great. Alternatively, if you know of any available alternatives that'd be a great fall-back. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

It's not imported here. Wetherspoon has it on draught now and again, but otherwise you'll need to go to the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 PubInDublin

Thanks for the info BeerNut. That's a pity.

I'm due a trip up North in the next couple of weeks - I don't suppose you know where (if anywhere) stocks it in Belfast / Newry?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Tesco and Sainsburys don't sell it anyway.

You can buy it direct from the brewery here. They list Dublin and Eire as delivery locations so I'm guessing they are registered with Revenue, might be worth checking with them just in case they expect you to sort customs out on your end.

Failing that, you could get it posted to the north.

Ding ding! Plum Porter is on tap at The Silver Penny on Abbey Street right now.

• Advertisement

BeerNut wrote: »
    Ding ding! Plum Porter is on tap at The Silver Penny on Abbey Street right now.

You're a top man, thank you! Much appreciated. Will check that out.

Would love to pick up a few bottles to have at home so if anyone does happen to see it floating about I'd be happy to hear.

Thanks as well Irish Goat, tried a large Asda as well when I was up North but no joy there either.

Apologies for resurrecting a bit of a zombie thread, but am looking to source a few bottles of this fine drink in the coming weeks.

I e-mailed the brewery directly a few weeks ago and they told me that no one in RoI has ordered it lately. Anyone know anywhere that might order it in upon request (happy to pay up front for a case) or anywhere up North that might stock this?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Ask the lads in drinkstore to get you in a case. Morrisons has it but not sure they are up north.

RasTa wrote: »
    Ask the lads in drinkstore to get you in a case. Morrisons has it but not sure they are up north.

Thanks, I'll pop into DrinkStore next time I'm over that way and see if they can sort that out for me.

As far as I know Morrisons only have stores across the pond, they've no stores up North to the best of my knowledge.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Morrisons sold out of NI a long long time ago.

• Advertisement
Advertisement