Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boiler Thermostat - Ideal Temperature Setting

Options
  • 16-11-2019 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have a Firebird Popular 90 (in an outdoor boiler room) and it looks to have what I assume is a thermostat on it (the make is Prodigy). It looks something like this
    https://www.balkanenergy.net/en/contact-thermostat-prodigy-0000003004.html

I've never changed the setting since I bought the house and it looks to be set around 60 Celsius.
    Is the correct setting for a 5 bed detached with approx 15 rads or how do I tell?

Also there is another instrument on the wall - Satchwell with again another dial, it only goes from about 0 - 25 Celsius and I think it may be linked to a bulb in the boiler room (the bulb might be blown) and it is set to 25 Celsius at the moment. Any idea what this might be, is it for the boiler to kick in due to frost?

I'd appreciate any help as house tends to be hard to heat.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

If things are as you describe, then I would set boiler sat to about 70 (it might need to be higher depending on heating design) and one for bulb to about 3.
    Best solution would be a service and ask tech about it all. It's easier to see what's what when on site.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

Advertisement