Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pegler Terrier circulation pump TC5 - Is there a direct swap?

Options
  • 15-11-2019 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have a three zone central heating system that uses Pegler Terrier TC5 pumps for the zones - same as this one - https://www.adverts.ie/heating/terrier-tc5-domestic-circulating-pump/3885382

One of them died yesterday and needs replacing. It's a job I'm happy to take on myself but I'm having difficulty sourcing a replacement pump as the Terrier has been discontinued for a number of years.

What I need is something that will be as far as possible a drop-in replacement so I don't have to disturb the other pumps/manifold etc.

Is there an equivalent pump that has the same overall configuration/dimensions that I could as far as possible directly replace the old pump with?

I've rang around a few plumbing suppliers and haven't managed to get an answer from anyone yet.

Thanks for any advice or suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

The grundfos are tidy and reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Itineoman

Thanks - My question was in fact a really a very naive one - are all 5m head pumps a standard item and the answer it turns out is that they are - more or less. (135mm flange to flange and 1 1/4" Thread is what I had).

Knowing very little about plumbing hardware I was over thinking it.

I got a replacement pump earlier today and swapped it without any trouble.

Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Tom44

Make sure it's not pitching or you could end up replacing entire heating system.
    Had old pump barnacles internally ?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Itineoman

Tom44 wrote: »
    Make sure it's not pitching or you could end up replacing entire heating system.
    Had old pump barnacles internally ?
    Hi, Good point.
    That would be a catastrophe as all the pipework is underfloor in concrete - upstairs and downstairs. But no, the circuit is very clean - It's a closed circuit pressured system so there's no new water coming in to do any harm.
    it had an additive put in to prevent leaks a few years ago at the last time it was filled and this may have helped. The little water I drained was actually surprisingly clear.
    It was an electrical failure rather than a mechanical one - the pump is fifteen years old so its time had come I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Rambunctious

Hi Itineoman,

I have had a tc5 fail on me too. Which pump did you get to replace your terrier tc5?

Thanks,
    Ram

• Advertisement
Advertisement