Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mac gaming

Options
  • 15-11-2019 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Approaching mid life (crisis maybe) and have a sudden urge to begin gaming again. Had an xbox growing up but sold it in favour of responsibility ha. What games would ye recommend for a 2015 macbook air? Also i have 40 gb of space on my hard drive, is it possible to download say Shadow of Mordor at 60gb? I may be upgrading my macbook next year to macbook pro. Am I being realistic in hoping to game on a macbook or should I just buy a ps4/xbox and keep gaming and work separate?

Comments

Myself, I run an i7 Mac mini 16gb ram with a SONNET Puck eGPU with 4GB ram. I might run a game early next year.
    Interesting thread though.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭nqtfarmer

So what ye are stating is invest in a ps4 for gaming and keep work on the Mac book? I suppose I’m a small bit frustrated as I think macs are great computers but there is little in the way of gaming ability. Was able to play bioshock from feral interactive but since updating to Catalina I can’t play that any more

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭calum

BootCamp may be another option... the PC versions of some games do run better than their Mac equivalents, they’re impervious to Catalina’s 64-bit whims, and of course there’s a lot more games to choose from.

Advertisement