Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boiler not heating Hot water

Options
  • 15-11-2019 11:00am

Hello,

The boiler hasn't been heating the water for a while. It's now heating the radiators fine (after flushing them).

3 year old Ariston Evo boiler - I don't think it's a combi boiler - if it was it could be the diverter valve.

A Bord Gais technician came around lately and said a new safety valve is needed. Can that be related?

I've called a plumber, but he said it'd be at least two weeks before he can call. On the call he said he wasn't sure what could be causing it, 'possibly a blockage'.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭tnegun

Post a pic of the hot press

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

That's real Celtic Tiger carry-on. If someone can't be bothered to show up for 2 weeks you should find another plumber and tell them it's urgent! Otherwise I have no real suggestions, sorry.

tnegun wrote: »
    Post a pic of the hot press

Will do later. At work... where I get time to go on Boards, unlike at home :pac:

Thanks

is_that_so wrote: »
    That's real Celtic Tiger carry-on. If someone can't be bothered to show up for 2 weeks you should find another plumber and tell them it's urgent! Otherwise I have no real suggestions, sorry.

Ah, busy time of year to be fair to them. And there's heat to the house and we can use the immersion, so not life or death.

Ah, busy time of year to be fair to them. And there's heat to the house and we can use the immersion, so not life or death.
    I don't doubt it but that really is no excuse for a 2 week delay. Personally, I take my business elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

is_that_so wrote: »
    I don't doubt it but that really is no excuse for a 2 week delay. Personally, I take my business elsewhere.

While you are perfectly entitled to do that, at least he said two weeks and not see you tomorrow and show up two weeks later.
    This is the busiest time for heating technicians and some people expect them to be sitting around doing nothing just waiting for the phone to ring.

K.Flyer wrote: »
    While you are perfectly entitled to do that, at least he said two weeks and not see you tomorrow and show up two weeks later.
    This is the busiest time for heating technicians and some people expect them to be sitting around doing nothing just waiting for the phone to ring.
    I've had nearly a dozen such issues down the years and I've rarely had to wait a day or two. If they can't do it I find someone who can. I am not disputing they may be busy but I'll remember and recommend the guy who is swamped but can still find time for me.

Advertisement