Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing booster for eir tv reception

Options
  • 14-11-2019 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

If I install a booster for an upstairs TV (Eir set up)do I have to physically connect the booster to the TV?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭babelfish1990

Mystified wrote: »
    If I install a booster for an upstairs TV (Eir set up)do I have to physically connect the booster to the TV?

Eir TV works over an Ethernet connection to the modem/router. If you don't want to run cabling, you can easily extend it by using a pair of Home-plugs. You need to plug one in beside the modem, and the other at the TV. The TV set-top box has an ethernet cable that plugs into the home-plug. The TV is plugged into the set-top box. When I signed up for eir TV, they gave me a couple of home-plugs to extend the connection. I presume they still do this, although their new box is now an Apple TV box.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

You’re referring to eir Vision rather than eir TV though, aren’t you? Presumably eir TV is okay over WiFi, since Apple TV normally works that way (though it does also have an Ethernet port).

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Mystified

Thanks for the responses.

Advertisement