Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grohe flex tap tails wont unscrew

Options
  • 14-11-2019 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

Got a monobloc Grohe tap which as flex tails already fitted. The flex tails are two short. However the existing too short ones wont unscrew from the monobloc.. They will rotate, but not loosen.

I had thought that all tails could be unscrewed and replaced with longer ones.

I guess in this case I will just have to extend copper pipework..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭xl500

G-Man wrote: »
    Got a monobloc Grohe tap which as flex tails already fitted. The flex tails are two short. However the existing too short ones wont unscrew from the monobloc.. They will rotate, but not loosen.

I had thought that all tails could be unscrewed and replaced with longer ones.

I guess in this case I will just have to extend copper pipework..

why not extend flexis

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭G-Man

xl500 wrote: »
    why not extend flexis

Supplier sent longer ones thinking it would be a matter of unscrewing short ones.

That's fine idea now alright.

Twas already bad enough going in once to local hw with an"internet tap"... I did say hat "internet tap" is actually a different thing...Maybe that's where it went wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭xl500

G-Man wrote: »
    Supplier sent longer ones thinking it would be a matter of unscrewing short ones.

That's fine idea now alright.

Twas already bad enough going in once to local hw with an"internet tap"... I did say hat "internet tap" is actually a different thing...Maybe that's where it went wrong

I would think the existing ones are probably just tight on the o-rings so if they were pulled they might come out but always danger of damaging them easiest option is extend flexis

Advertisement