Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Placing Heating System in Outside Shed

Options
  • 14-11-2019 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi Folks. Recently bought a 60's bungalow. There's an outside Block built shed that currently houses an oil fired boiler. We're replacing that with a modern gas boiler. The shed is solid, with solid roof etc.

The space in the house is very tight and our plumber suggested moving the hot water tank and a pump into the shed too. So basically the entire system will be in the shed. I thought this would be a great idea as all the equipment will be out of the house, freeing us up some space.

However I'm starting to wonder if the heating costs will be much higher as the tank is outside in an uninsulated shed. I raised this issue with the plumber and the answer was pretty vague so I'm starting to think this was a bad idea.

Any input greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

As long as all water pipes are installed using well insulated pipework systems you should be fine.

double-heating-pre-insulated-pipe.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

Also, why not look at a combi gas boiler, also possible to then locate in the attic space

Advertisement