Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chimney issue

Options
  • 14-11-2019 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭

I lit the fire on sunday for the first time this year. I have my own set of brushes but hadn't cleaned it as yet. We noticed a slight smell of smoke in our bedroom which is above the fire and also has it's own fireplace. We have at least 4 carbon monoxide alarms in the house, none of which registered anything, one of them being just outside the room with the smoky smell. Obviously, i'll give the chimney a sweep this weekend but would it be worth putting a balloon in the upstairs chimney or what could be causing this smell? Could weather conditions be a cause or a leak between the chimneys? Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭upupup

The safe thing to do is get the chimney examined by an expert with a camera to see is it seperate from the upstairs fireplace.

Advertisement