Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When your friends have separated.... Taking sides?

Options
  • 12-11-2019 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭

Scenario is as follows:

My wife & I are friends with another couple. Myself and the husband of the other couple are friends since school. Over the years we have all become part of the same social circle, our kids all get on great with each other, we have taken our families on holiday together (and were planning on doing so again next year).

I found out recently that they have separated. The husband seems to have gone offside. I knew nothing about it.

I don't want to get involved. It's obviously wrong what he did and I don't condone it for a second. However it's very early days and all very raw for them both. I dont want to have to take sides either.

We have a joint holiday booked together next summer and whatever happens, their kids shouldn't lose out on their holiday because their parents aren't together.

Anyone else been in this situation before?

Advertisement