Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Amazing So Far! Joined Today 12th Nov 2019

Options
  • 12-11-2019 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

I had posted in previous threads saying we have left EIR and have gone for Digiweb well the modem arrived yesterday - I knew we would be disconnected soon from EIR well that was today 12th Nov 2019! - I plugged in the box - typed in the code - done a speed test and it was 95mb - 80mb - 70mb etc but way faster then EIR even though its the same line - I was shocked!

Paying Eir over 80 euro a month and getting speeds of 25mb - 14mb - 35mb etc - in a previous post here someone commented and said its probably your line and not EIRS fault well guess what! I was right and you were wrong - nothing has changed except the service provider. I had rang EIR before waited 55 minutes yes 55 MINUTES! and then the line disconnected - got through to them before told them speed issues they pressed a few buttons and it went up maybe 10mb or something useless and then it goes back to what it was, We are now FREE of EIR and paying half the price approx 44 euro, for a better service and better internet speed. The landline has been switched over also - we have not been connected yet but I rang customer care and guess what - 2 minutes - Ill repeat 2 MINUTES wait time - spoke to Niall a person who was not following a script - I could ask about the weather if I wanted - he would answer back etc - he said its currently being ported and in the next 24 hours your landline will be connected, Ill check tomorrow if its not Ill give them a buzz but honestly why didn't someone tell me about Digiweb sooner! seriously impressed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭lotas

Are they taking the p**s with their "Fair usage"? FTTH will be available in my area in the next few weeks, but their fair usage policy is 1TB per month... 1Gbit/s is 125MB per second, which is 7.5GB per min -> 450GB per Hour... so, a little over 2 hours and your limit is done?! screw that...

• Registered Users Posts: 45 BorderGap

Lotas, how many residential users in Ireland do you think generate 450GB per Hour? By realistic, 99% of home generate no where near this.

On the other hand, how many people in Ireland have wasted hours, waiting on the phone, to speak with their service provider.

BG

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭lotas

its not generating that data, its downloading... 1 hr of 4k video at 45mb/s is 20gb... in a house with 4 people streaming tv shows 2 hours per week day and 4 per day at weekends (18 hours total) comes in at 360gb a week... after week 3 your over your limit, assuming your not doing anything else... [EDIT[] this is if your on FTTH... FTTC is half that limit, but in reality, you also wont be able to stream 4 streams at 45mb/s with FTTC... [EDIT 2] I agree, having a proper service on the other end is handy, especially if you need to complain about hitting your usage cap or if youve been charged extra...

Advertisement