Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Online Golf Lesson

  • 11-11-2019 11:22pm
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 555 Jim Stynes


    Anything out there where I can send videos of my swing and receive feedback and tips? Preferably something that won’t cost a fortune


Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 12,308 ✭✭✭✭ prawnsambo


    Jim Stynes wrote: »
    Anything out there where I can send videos of my swing and receive feedback and tips? Preferably something that won’t cost a fortune
    I wouldn't think that would be very good value at all. Regardless of the price. Struggling to see how this would be in any way efficient either. Having had lessons recently, the interactive element where the pro takes you step by step through a change and gives on the spot feedback on how you're adopting the changes just would seem to be very time consuming on a video basis. I had three 45 minute lessons for €100 and it was worth every penny. I doubt I would have got nearly as much out of it if it was done on the basis that you're looking for.


  • Registered Users Posts: 555 Jim Stynes


    prawnsambo wrote: »
    I wouldn't think that would be very good value at all. Regardless of the price. Struggling to see how this would be in any way efficient either. Having had lessons recently, the interactive element where the pro takes you step by step through a change and gives on the spot feedback on how you're adopting the changes just would seem to be very time consuming on a video basis. I had three 45 minute lessons for €100 and it was worth every penny. I doubt I would have got nearly as much out of it if it was done on the basis that you're looking for.


    I do go for one on one lessons but I can’t get as regular as I would like and he doesn’t do lessons at night so I want someone to have a look at my swing from some videos at the range. It’s no big deal as I will get to see my golf pro at some stage over the next few weeks. But it’s good to get feed back on a video of your swing.


  • Registered Users Posts: 12,308 ✭✭✭✭ prawnsambo


    Jim Stynes wrote: »
    I do go for one on one lessons but I can’t get as regular as I would like and he doesn’t do lessons at night so I want someone to have a look at my swing from some videos at the range. It’s no big deal as I will get to see my golf pro at some stage over the next few weeks. But it’s good to get feed back on a video of your swing.
    Would he not look at your videos himself? I know my pro will do that and also takes videos at my lessons and sends them to me with commentary.


  • Registered Users Posts: 555 Jim Stynes


    prawnsambo wrote: »
    Would he not look at your videos himself? I know my pro will do that and also takes videos at my lessons and sends them to me with commentary.

    No! The closest fella to me thst does that is booked up for the next 2 months!


Advertisement