Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LNB Change From Sky to Freesat? Which LNB

Options
  • 11-11-2019 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭

I've recently dropped sky and bought a LG TV with built in receiver to take the channels directly from the aerial. Set up was pretty straight forward I choose Astra 22.x and 28.2 I think and picked up 80 or so 'junk' QVC, Cruise Chanell, stations etc..
    Because I was with sky it looks like the sky LNB won't allow me receive the chanells that I'd like, BBC's, ITV, Film4 etc.
    Can someone recommend me which LNB to get single, duel, octo etc. A video on how to change from a sky dish would also be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭heffo500

Jesper wrote: »
    I've recently dropped sky and bought a LG TV with built in receiver to take the channels directly from the aerial. Set up was pretty straight forward I choose Astra 22.x and 28.2 I think and picked up 80 or so 'junk' QVC, Cruise Chanell, stations etc..
    Because I was with sky it looks like the sky LNB won't allow me receive the chanells that I'd like, BBC's, ITV, Film4 etc.
    Can someone recommend me which LNB to get single, duel, octo etc. A video on how to change from a sky dish would also be great.

I think this could be do with the search settings on the TV, are you using autoscan?

If you received Sky via the LNB you should receive freesat with no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,507 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Did you have SkyQ previously? If so an LNB change will be required. See here - https://www.freetv.ie/satellite/dishes/lnbs/

If you didn't have SkyQ but the standard Sky or Sky+ the LNB on the dish should be OK unless there is another issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Jesper

heffo500 wrote: »
    I think this could be do with the search settings on the TV, are you using autoscan?

If you received Sky via the LNB you should receive freesat with no issues.

It used to connected through Sky to the old tv. But Sky is gone now so I put it directly into the new TV. I used autoscan. The first option it gave me was AStra 22.something. From the threads I figured out to search Astra 28.2 and auto scanned again but that's all I did. Should I do it differently? One of the threads said the LNB needed replacing but it would be great if I didn't have ot.

The Cush wrote: »
    Did you have SkyQ previously? If so an LNB change will be required. See here - https://www.freetv.ie/satellite/dishes/lnbs/

If you didn't have SkyQ but the standard Sky or Sky+ the LNB on the dish should be OK unless there is another issue.

We had Sky Q. Thanks for the link

The Cush wrote: »

Do you know which LNB I need?
    Single/Double/Quad etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,416 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Jesper wrote: »
    Do you know which LNB I need?
    Single/Double/Quad etc?

Depends on how many connections you want. If you have 1 tv and 1 tuner, than a single would be fine, but not very future proof. The standard from sky (prior to q) was a quad, as most recording boxes use 2 connections.

Advertisement