Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Razorback Festival IPA

Options
  • 11-11-2019 3:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭

I picked up one of these brew kits from the HBC a few weeks back.

I've got to say, this kit makes IPA thats easily as nice as the commercial ones you'd buy in a bar.

I deviated away from the instructions a little at times such as letting it ferment for 3 weeks instead of 10 days as stated in the instructions, the airlock was still bubbling well after the 10 days so I just let it do its thing.

I also disagreed with their supplied measure of 100 gms of dextrose for 23 liters of IPA, I like my IPAs well carbonated so I added another 25 gms of table sugar to the 100 gms of dextrose when batch priming in the secondary fermenter.

I bottled them and kept them at a steady 22oC for 2 weeks and tried one last night.

The carbonation was just about perfect and the beer tasted fantastic, even though it still hadnt been given any post carbonation conditioning time.

I'm gong to give it one more week at 22oC to ensure carbonation is completely finished and then its into an unused walk in wardrobe thats a near constant 16oC where the bottles will stay in complete darkness for another 3 weeks before sampling again.

Truly remarkable kit.

Not sure how to post a photo but if I figure it out I'll post one up

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

agree have it in bottle about 6 weeks now very nice. you would never think its a kit.

Advertisement