Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canon pro 100s colour management

Options
  • 10-11-2019 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, can someone help please. I have calibrated my laptop monitor to adobe rgd 1998, but the image on my screen is totally diferent to the image being printed out. Can anyone help me here as I am pulling my hair out trying different ways to get the image to print the same as what is on my monitor.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

Your monitor shouldn't be calibrated "to adobe 1998" it should have it's own color profile generated by something that has you hang a piece of hardware on your screen, then display colors to try hardware.
    It may ask for a color temperature setting, such as 5200 kelvin etc.

Using adobe1998 on your monitor would be a bit nuts. Adobe 1998 color space can contain a lot of colors that monitors can't reproduce, and even more colors that printers can't reproduce.

You can (and should) have your images in a wide-gamut profile like adoe 1998 (or Kodak ProPhoto even better) but you should have a color profile for your monitor, and one for every combination of printer/ink/paper that you use the printing, ideally.
    You can "soft proof" to see what your print will look like on particular paper.
    The last step before printing is to convert the image to the appropriate color space for the printer/ink/paper combination you're printing on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Howdedoda

Thanks Heebie, this is just what I need to do, but haven't got a clue how to calibrate my laptop monitor correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

Howdedoda wrote:
    Thanks Heebie, this is just what I need to do, but haven't got a clue how to calibrate my laptop monitor correctly.

What hardware do you have?

Advertisement