Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much to fit a boiler?

Options
  • 10-11-2019 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭

How much should I be looking at to fit a replacement combi boiler, new external expansion vessel and run a leak sealer around the system ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

How much should I be looking at to fit a replacement combi boiler, new external expansion vessel and run a leak sealer around the system ?

I'm getting one done tomorrow... Its 2300 euro for the boiler install and a full flush of the system.
    It comes with a hard wired carbon monoxide alarm and a shut down valve in the event of carbon monoxide detection.
    Quotes ranged from about 1900 to 2600 for my job so you're looking at 2.5k at least, I'm not sure of cost of an external expansion vessel.

Funny enough there was an add on to upgrade to nest/climote controls but the company I'm going with wanted 1200 euro extra for it. The sales guy told me to look into switching energy providers which I did and I'm getting a 3 zone climote installed for free for switching (as well as an amazon echo, an echo dot and something else I forget. 12 month contract and unit rates more or less the same as now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Was there any mention of power flushing your heating system and fitting a magnetic filter before installing your new boiler, or were they going to let all the muck and crud of the old system clog run through your new boiler?

K.Flyer wrote: »
    Was there any mention of power flushing your heating system and fitting a magnetic filter before installing your new boiler, or were they going to let all the muck and crud of the old system clog run through your new boiler?

Is that to me or to the OP?
    In my case, yes, there was full flush of the system specifically included in the price.

Is that to me or to the OP?
    In my case, yes, there was full flush of the system specifically included in the price.

That's good, as long as its a power flush and not a drain and re-fill, just make sure a good quality Magnetic Filter is fitted as well, either a Fernox or Adey.

That's good, as long as its a power flush and not a drain and re-fill, just make sure a good quality Magnetic Filter is fitted as well, either a Fernox or Adey.

Just had a look at my quote, it says magnaclean filter.. Is that the right job?

• Advertisement

Just had a look at my quote, it says magnaclean filter.. Is that the right job?

Yes, good to hear it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Field east

I'm getting one done tomorrow... Its 2300 euro for the boiler install and a full flush of the system.
    It comes with a hard wired carbon monoxide alarm and a shut down valve in the event of carbon monoxide detection.
    Quotes ranged from about 1900 to 2600 for my job so you're looking at 2.5k at least, I'm not sure of cost of an external expansion vessel.

Funny enough there was an add on to upgrade to nest/climote controls but the company I'm going with wanted 1200 euro extra for it. The sales guy told me to look into switching energy providers which I did and I'm getting a 3 zone climote installed for free for switching (as well as an amazon echo, an echo dot and something else I forget. 12 month contract and unit rates more or less the same as now.
    What are the boiler specs and brand ? Some brands are more costly than others and the bigger the capacity of the boiler the more expensive it will be

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

Yes, good to hear it.

You seem to be in the know re gas boilers, are there companies you could recommend here or by pm? I'll be getting a full replacement but want to make sure I get a good quality boiler and install. Thanks.

You seem to be in the know re gas boilers, are there companies you could recommend here or by pm? I'll be getting a full replacement but want to make sure I get a good quality boiler and install. Thanks.

What part of the country are you in?

West County Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Field east

It seems to me that most RGI registered gas fitters want to supply and fit gas boilers. Is it because they make more money that way ?
    Has any board ie purchased a boiler and let the gas fitter pick it up in the shop in which it was purchased in a sealed box and fit it. One is then paying the fitter for his Labour. I know that he may have to provide some elbows, piping

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Field east wrote: »
    It seems to me that most RGI registered gas fitters want to supply and fit gas boilers. Is it because they make more money that way ?
    Has any board ie purchased a boiler and let the gas fitter pick it up in the shop in which it was purchased in a sealed box and fit it. One is then paying the fitter for his Labour. I know that he may have to provide some elbows, piping
    plenty places sell boilers, but to be fair id say its hardly saving any cash, for right job at least 2 people are needed, so if they have hourly rate youd be looking at easyly 16hx whatever they ask for which would prob end up costing original price.

safest bet ive found is to go via decent company - at least if any issues you have proper come back, cost wise average seems 2100-2400 including valves, magna flow, and some sort of automation hive etc thrown in as well.

How this has worked out for you? If it went well could you let me know who your supplier was as I need to get this done in January?

How this has worked out for you? If it went well could you let me know who your supplier was as I need to get this done in January?

Yes, all went well. I used MOD SNIP for it. House much warmer now.

PLEASE SEND NAME BY PM.

Here’s Johnny, please do send a pm. Good to hear it all went well for you.

Yes, all went well. I used MOD SNIP for it. House much warmer now.

PLEASE SEND NAME BY PM.

No problem, apologies I didn't realise it wasn't allowed. I will PM

Advertisement