Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shellac Manicure problems

Options
  • 10-11-2019 1:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭

Ok, so I last got a shellac manicure about a month ago now, and one of my nails has started to experience problems. The polish has started to chip off, and it feels like the nail is about half way to breaking off, but not completely. It is quite uncomfortable.

Is it safe to cut the nail all the way off completely seeing as it is shellac? Or should I wait until I get a manicure and let a professional do this?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Shellac should be ideally removed by a nail technician. It’s also only designed to last 2-3 weeks before it needs removing. You should make an appointment to get it removed - if you go back to the salon who applied it, it’s usually free.

But yes, i believe you can cut your nail without any issues. The shellac is strong enough to hold a damaged nail together artificially for a while but you can still cut or file if you need to.

Advertisement