Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior cert 2020

Options
  • 08-11-2019 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Could anyone pls tell me the dates of the start/finish of the Junior Cert exam for 2020 or has it even been decided yet ?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Starts Wednesday 3rd June.
    If it follows the same pattern as previous years, the last exam should be Wednesday 17th, 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭onlyonpaper

Thank you for reply. Were they not considering extending the timetable of the exams to reduce the stress of multiple subjects being too close together ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

For Junior Cert.? I didn't hear that, but they will tell you themselves if you get in touch with them.
    Contact Form

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

Thank you for reply. Were they not considering extending the timetable of the exams to reduce the stress of multiple subjects being too close together ?

You gotta be kidding, no one in education give a dam about our kids stress levels!

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭tina1040

I can't find an official timetable so I can see when my daughter's last exam is. I was hoping to looka possible holiday dates this weekend.

• Advertisement

You could contact the SEC. It's very unlikely there will be much change given that it is the last year for many subjects.

spurious wrote: »
    You could contact the SEC. It's very unlikely there will be much change given that it is the last year for many subjects.

Thanks. Likely to be Monday before getting a reply though.

With more subjects changed to Junior Cycle and additional CBAs etc, I can't book flights assuming it's the same a last year. I'm hoping someone hear will know the latest info.

What subject is it and i will see can I find out.

It's not the end of the world should she miss an exam.

spurious wrote: »
    It's not the end of the world should she miss an exam.

Haha it might not be the end of the world but I'm hardly going to book a holiday which starts before the last exam!!!!
    Anyone with a proper answer? I would have thought the timetable would be on exsminations.ie by now.

• Advertisement

It isn't usually up until late December, but as I said, it is unlikely to change much. Music is almost always on the last day. Italian used to be too, but they moved it.

Advertisement