Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ibrow Cork City

Options
  • 08-11-2019 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭

€16 to have my eye brows plucked today in Ibrow Cork City - WFT?????
    It took her about 3 mins....

Serves me right for being so lazy... but €16??? I would never have imagined it would cost sooooo much - not like I got them waxed, threaded or even tinted..

geeeeee.........

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Buyer beware I suppose, check the price and what's included before handing over your money.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I go there, its €26 for a wax & tint iirc. They do a very good job of it and they are very prompt with keeping appointments on time, I'm never in there for more than 10 minutes so I don't mind paying it. €16 is steep enough for plucking though!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭sporina

SusieBlue wrote: »
    I go there, its €26 for a wax & tint iirc. They do a very good job of it and they are very prompt with keeping appointments on time, I'm never in there for more than 10 minutes so I don't mind paying it. €16 is steep enough for plucking though!

yeah i was there about 3 mins i kid you . not.. prob plucked about 20 hairs.. think i will email the manager

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

sporina wrote: »
    yeah i was there about 3 mins i kid you . not.. prob plucked about 20 hairs.. think i will email the manager

Did they do the job required or not? If they did a substandard job, then you can complain about the quality of the work. If they did the job correctly, then you can’t reasonably complain after the fact about the price. The onus is on you to check prices first and ensure you’re happy with it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Would agree with you Faith. If they did the job to the expected standard then it shouldn't matter how long it took. Equipment & rent is still the same, they'll still have to do the usual clean up afterwards (sterilising tools for example), that all costs the same regardless of how long the job took. What's that saying when you're paying for a professional service - you owe me for the hours not the minutes, ie the time & money it takes to become a qualified professional and carry out the task in good time & standard.

If the job was substandard then absolutely make it known. If you really, really want to complain about the price versus what you got, maybe suggest they look at their pricing structure. Could they charge less for a "tidy" as opposed to a full brow shape when they deem it appropriate.

• Advertisement
Advertisement