Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

garmin 520 issues with Garmin sensors

Options
  • 06-11-2019 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

Anyone having issues with the Garmin sensors first edition not the new version currently on sale

Tried new batteries no luck even got another one 2and hand from a fellow board's member and nothing they surely can't all be knackered

Because over 2 years garmin won't replace

All my sensors aren't working on Garmin 520 yet my old gsc10 work fine ?

Any other way to test them?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭JMcL

From your previous thread I'm assuming you're talking about the newer style speed/cadence sensor. There are 2 approaches I'd try to rule out what's got the issue:

i) Find somebody else with a 520 head unit and see if you can pair these with it. If you can, sounds like there may be an issue with your 520
    ii) Find somebody with the same sensors that work on their setup and see if you can pair your head unit with them. Id yes, then your sensors (and the 2nd hand one you got) are probably hosed.

Do you have a heart rate monitor as well? Does this pair?

Also, if the GSC 10 is working, why worry overly about the other one? Multiple bikes?

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭ciarano

Many thanks for the reply

Yes multiple bikes

My gsc 10s and HRMs work perfectly

Even bought a pair of "2" x "CooSpo Cycling Cadence. And speed and again synced perfectly

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Is your Garmin finding the devices and unable to connect once you click on 'connect' or is it not finding them in the 1st place?

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭ciarano

Not finding at all they used to work perfectly then suddenly stopped?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭JMcL

ciarano wrote: »
    Not finding at all they used to work perfectly then suddenly stopped?
    Thanks

If you can, try option ii from my previous comment to rule in/out headset issues.

Also, have you tried a factory reset? PITA to set everything up again, but I've had my previous Garmin 500 screw itself up in subtle ways that needed a factory reset to sort out. Touch wood the 520 has appeared to be a bit more stable - in my case anyway

• Advertisement
Advertisement