Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job interview

Options
  • 06-11-2019 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I did a job interview today and was extremely nervous to the point my voice was trembling.I was asked a question and responded but the interviewer after answering laughed and said I answered that question and the next question he had for me and asked for another example.I was unprepared with a second example and got flustered.I did answer but I felt it was a bit patchy and feel it could ruin my chance because of this.could anybody with some HR experience advise is if this they it ruined my chances

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Moved to more suitable forum

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭whampiri

I did a job interview today and was extremely nervous to the point my voice was trembling.I was asked a question and responded but the interviewer after answering laughed and said I answered that question and the next question he had for me and asked for another example.I was unprepared with a second example and got flustered.I did answer but I felt it was a bit patchy and feel it could ruin my chance because of this.could anybody with some HR experience advise is if this they it ruined my chances

It will depend on the number of applicants and how they did as well as the role you're applying for. My advice is don't sweat it. Interview is done and you can't affect the outcome. If you get the job, great. If you don't, then use this as a learning experience and you'll know to have 2 examples ready for the next interview you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 You Me We

Impossible to say, as it depends on so many different things. Wait and see.

Why not focus on the things that *are* in your control here?

- What things went well in the interview? How can you repeat them next time out?

- What have you learned from the experience?

- What would you like to do better? Maybe be a bit calmer? Or a bit more prepared with examples? How can you improve those things?

Take the energy and effort you might otherwise spend on wondering about the result and turn it into something powerful and improving to benefit you in all those future interviews and other similar situations.

Hope this helps you help yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭buffin

I've done quite a but of interviewing and honestly almost everyone is nervous. Good interviewers don't take nerves as a bad thing and look at you as a whole person. Did you display the experience they're looking for and skills they need etc. Nerves just tend to show that the candidate is humble and actually wants the job.

Try find ways to build on the experience for next time and have some more examples handy, but that's about all you can/need to do right now!

Advertisement