Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Victron MultiPlus-II

• 06-11-2019 4:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 22 ✭✭✭ brianwake

Hello
    Does anyone know if the Victron MultiPlus-II meets Irish regulations for connections to mains power supply?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ruairihev

It is self certified to meet EN50438:2013 but it does not have independent certification so if you want to connect it to the Irish grid then you need to use an external anti-islanding device that is certified. I have used a Ziehl relay to achieve this with a MultiPlus.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 ✭✭✭ brianwake

Thanks ruairihiv I will read into this option.
    Do you know of any training course that you would recommend in Cork area?

If you are after information on Victron components or the Ziehl relay then I can help you out as I'm pretty familiar with their products. Feel free to send a PM if you have a specific project in mind.

Not sure what type of training course you are looking for so I can't advise on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭ Ubbquittious

ruairihev wrote: »
    It is self certified to meet EN50438:2013 but it does not have independent certification so if you want to connect it to the Irish grid then you need to use an external anti-islanding device that is certified. I have used a Ziehl relay to achieve this with a MultiPlus.

If you live on an island do you still need it? :D

Ireland's premier property crash prediction site

• Registered Users Posts: 21 beepers

I am looking to replace a SOLIS RHI-3.6K-48ES-5G with a Victron Multiplus-11 GX Iverter Charger. Any suggestions as to a good installer in the Nth Louth area.

• Advertisement

I can help you out with that system. PM me with more details

• Registered Users Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭ KCross

beepers wrote: »
    I am looking to replace a SOLIS RHI-3.6K-48ES-5G with a Victron Multiplus-11 GX Iverter Charger. Any suggestions as to a good installer in the Nth Louth area.

Out of interest, why are you changing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 beepers

KCross wrote: »
    Out of interest, why are you changing it?
    Two reasons. 1. I propose fitting Solar Panels on a South facing wall. This would require a third PV circuit. The Solis cannot do this or accept a second inverter. The Multiplus can accept two or more inverters.
    2. The Solis software leaves a lot to be desired. Shows false backup load when there is none. Needs to refer to Solis central system via Broadband. My BB was down hence the Solis remote monito failed.

Advertisement