Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post

Options
  • 05-11-2019 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

I returned a 400e parcel back to amazon earlier today. When in the post office i assumed it came with tracking ID, apparently not insured also. It was a foreign guy and barely heard him and i just said yeah to his first offer.

So did i really screw up here, mod <Snip>. now i'm paranoid. If "lost" i'm screwed, right?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Magzire wrote: »
    I returned a 400e parcel back to amazon earlier today. When in the post office i assumed it came with tracking ID, apparently not insured also. It was a foreign guy and barely heard him and i just said yeah to his first offer.

So did i really screw up here, nothing really stopping the guy behind the till bagging it or some other.. now i'm paranoid. If "lost" i'm screwed, right?

Amazon recommend anything worth over £50 is sent via tracked delivery so you've ignored their return policy. If Amazon don't receive it then the fault is yours as you can't prove anything

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Magzire

OmegaGene wrote: »
    when returning an item to amazon you really need tracking and a receipt as proof of postage and it is up to you to ask for what service you require, saying the foreign guy could steal it is ludicrous and racist, you have more chance of it getting to amazon and getting lost in the centre and hopefully for your sake you included an invoice so amazon know who it is from.

What has racism got to do with this, what you talking about

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Magzire

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Why mention he’s foreign and couldn’t be understood and imply he’s going to steal it

Just answered your own question and i said in OP or anyone

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

MOD; OP - it is badly worded. You can take that sentence out, or I can do it.
    Everyone else - If there's a problem with a post, report it.
    Now leave it, and back on topic.

Advertisement