Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Candy Cabinets

Options
  • 05-11-2019 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

ITEM: Ideally but not limited to:
    • 1x Sega New Versus City
    • 2x Sega Blast City
    • 2x Sega Astro City
    POST\COLLECTION: Post/Collection
    PRICE: TB D
    PAYMENT METHODS: Bank transfer/cash

Interested in buying arcade cabinets. Based in Dublin.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭DeLaTroY

Anyone know anyone with candy cabs or know where I might find them please?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,541 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

http://www.rklok.nl/

Edit - I see you stuck up a post before saying you had already subbed to Ronnie.

Unfortunately everyone in Ireland who owns a candy cabinet either got it from Ronnie or Jeff, both of whom charge the same price. So what you are seeing from Ronnie is the minimum you will pay unfortunately.

Keep an eye out for when he lists Astro city cabs as they tend to be the cheapest (approx 700 euro)

You're still looking at the guts of a grand to buy a candy though after shipping etc. There is no way around this really (believe me, I've tried, I've bought four!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭Orebro

o1s1n wrote: »
    http://www.rklok.nl/

Edit - I see you stuck up a post before saying you had already subbed to Ronnie.

Unfortunately everyone in Ireland who owns a candy cabinet either got it from Ronnie or Jeff, both of whom charge the same price. So what you are seeing from Ronnie is the minimum you will pay unfortunately.

Keep an eye out for when he lists Astro city cabs as they tend to be the cheapest (approx 700 euro)

You're still looking at the guts of a grand to buy a candy though after shipping etc. There is no way around this really (believe me, I've tried, I've bought four!)

I presume this guy Ronnie is trustworthy etc since so many have dealt with him?

Does he tend to keep some candy cabs in stock or is it a case of waiting for the newsletter to list them?

Edit: is there contact details for Jeff also? Sorry for the thread hijack & all the q's!

Master of the Universe

I'd 100% go with Ronnie over Jeff. Jeff's cabs from what I've heard tend to be a bit more knocked up and he can be very unreliable. I don't even know if he's still selling cabs.

I've bought three candy cabs from Ronnie over the years, he's completely reliable. They're sent strapped to a palette with a big box over them.

Everything I've bought from him has come via the emails he sends out. I saw the email and contacted him straight away.

It's also worth emailing him if you're enquiring about a particular rarer cabinet, he might get in touch with you directly if one comes in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Jeff gone from the scene I believe so Ronnie is your only choice. There's a lad in the UK who has imported a few containers of cabs. Will need to check for his username. Posts on AO and Ukvac

• Advertisement

John Rawcliffe, username - g60hot

Master of the Universe

Yeah if you're interested in candy cabs it's a good idea to sign up to the arcade otaku forums if you're not a member yet.

https://forum.arcadeotaku.com/

They've a fantastic classifieds section.

Excellent, thanks for all the info folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Another +1 for Ronnie.
    You will probably need to do some work to some cabs if you want them cheaper.

I've bought from Ronnie and Jeff,
    The one from Jeff showed up on a 40f oot curtain trailer (with no tail/fork lift).
    Maybe not his fault but it was also dead, took a good few weeks to get it sorted.
    It was a bit of a nightmare considering I had just spent 1k on a dead machine.

Bought from Ronnie and it came all boxed up nicely and no problems at all.
    would do business again but will haggle more!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

John Rawcliffe, username - g60hot

That's the one

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

More in from Ronnie :
    SEGA New Astro City Arcade cabinet
    Wiring : Jamma
    Nanao screen MS8 screen , good condition, some burn, but hardly visible in game
    Condition : Overall good, some scratches/paintchips
    Price : 895 euro

2211astro%20(2).JPG

Thanks for that - I've asked him for some more details on it.

Master of the Universe

One thing to be mindful of with an Astro, the control panel doesn't come off easily like other cabinets. It's part of the machine itself. You've to remove the lower half of the front section.

Cabinets with 29 inch monitors are a lot bigger in person than they look in photos. So just make sure you have your door frames measured to take into consideration that you can't easily remove the controls if needed.

Dimensions here if you need them

https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Sega_New_Astro_City

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement