Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elderly cyclist dies in Kilkenny

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,384 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

RIP. terrible news.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Rechuchote

Unspeakable. RIP, and sympathy to all who loved him.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,928 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Such a tragedy. RIP.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Terrible stuff, poor man, RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 6,470 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

Saw that reported on Kilkenny People last week, was going to link it.

Very sad.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Jesus to have had such a long life and be out enjoying yourself on your bike then so cruelly and unnecessarily cut down, fcuk me. The poor, poor man and his people.

R.I.P.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,470 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

eeeee wrote: »
    Jesus to have had such a long life and be out enjoying yourself on your bike then so cruelly and unnecessarily cut down, fcuk me. The poor, poor man and his people.

R.I.P.

Something that's not much said is that As you get older, cycling is one of the few outdoor aerobic sports you can do. But for men at least that do it, they're to be sneered at... lycra clad, mamils and so on. Quite apart from the other issue of the risk of trying to cycle safely on public roads.

Advertisement