Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Turtle Wax Seal and Shine

• 04-11-2019 8:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,190 ✭✭✭

Three weeks in, still beading hard and staying very clean despite the weather. Very impressed. This one's a keeper.

IMG-20191104-082750-1.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭JustLen

Just watched some reviews on YouTube. Performs on a par with much more expensive products apparently.

Where did you manage to pick it up from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,190 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

JustLen wrote: »
    Just watched some reviews on YouTube. Performs on a par with much more expensive products apparently.

Where did you manage to pick it up from?

Eurocarparts UK, use their discount code, unbelievable performance for €13.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭Invincible

Eurocarparts UK, use their discount code, unbelievable performance for €13.

Is this it? Cant find Turtle wax seal and shine on site.
    https://www.eurocarparts.com/p/turtlewax-sealant-wax-500ml-552777331

Invincible wrote: »
    Is this it? Cant find Turtle wax seal and shine on site.
    https://www.eurocarparts.com/p/turtlewax-sealant-wax-500ml-552777331

Yes that's it, sorry it's called Seal and Shine in the US.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,580 ✭✭✭jmreire

Yes that's it, sorry it's called Seal and Shine in the US.

Is it easy to work? I mean to put on and to remove after it has dried? It sure looks the business when on and polished off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,590 ✭✭✭✭vectra

jmreire wrote: »
    Is it easy to work? I mean to put on and to remove after it has dried? It sure looks the business when on and polished off.

wait until the weekend,
    There will most likely be another money off code.
    Actually carparts4less is cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭Invincible

vectra wrote: »
    wait until the weekend,
    There will most likely be another money off code.
    Actually carparts4less is cheaper.

Ideal for a couple of stocking fillers!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭dsaint1

Two bottles of 500ml delivered from Amazon via Parcel Motel works out €22.10

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07Q3DC471/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=AXW025FO0XWGQ&psc=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Vexorg

It’s just €6.42 a bottle at eurocarparts (4.30 if you use code winter33 at checkout) you do have to collect in person for that price. It’s 4.95 for delivery. Still cheap if you get a couple of bottles.

Linky - it’s very hard to find on the site a simple search did not turn it up, had to use the stock code.

A couple of the reviews mention that it’s a high quality spray head, so another small bonus if you reuse your spray bottles.

Vexorg wrote: »
    It’s just €6.42 a bottle at eurocarparts (4.30 if you use code winter33 at checkout) you do have to collect in person for that price. It’s 4.95 for delivery. Still cheap if you get a couple of bottles.

Linky - it’s very hard to find on the site a simple search did not turn it up, had to use the stock code.

A couple of the reviews mention that it’s a high quality spray head, so another small bonus if you reuse your spray bottles.

That's an insane price! Thanks, just ordered 5 bottles (€5 delivered). The spray head is very good, I'll be keeping those bottles.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I wonder is that just re-branded Wax It Wet?

I wonder is that just re-branded Wax It Wet?

No, I have both. Entirely different products but both give great results.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭doh1988

doh1988 wrote: »

Early tests seem to suggest the new TW ceramic is marginally better, but it is a good deal more expensive. Just had 6 bottles of TW Sealant delivered so sorted for a few years!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Cheapo

Hi,

I am due to get a new car in January and I was thinking about buying Turtle Wax seal and shine.

I was wondering if this is applied with a cloth and no machine buffer is required?

Will it leave a white haze if i accidentally spray on the black matt parts of the car?

The car will have a panoramic roof - will it be Ok to apply it to this?

Would you use it on allow wheels to keep the muck off? (probably not but thought i would ask)

Any other recommendations for Tyre shine products, Window cleaning etc?

thanks for your help - its been along time since I done any sort of car cleaning.

Cheapo wrote: »
    Hi,

I am due to get a new car in January and I was thinking about buying Turtle Wax seal and shine.

I was wondering if this is applied with a cloth and no machine buffer is required?

Will it leave a white haze if i accidentally spray on the black matt parts of the car?

Would you use it on allow wheels to keep the muck off? (probably not but thought i would ask)

thanks for your help - its been along time since I done any sort of car cleaning.

You can use it on glass, paint, alloys and plastic and it won't leave any residue. Spray on, wipe off with a microfibre. Does not get any easier than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,590 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Hi,

Something else you could try,
    Sonax PNS, it is an aerosol container, spray a small amount to an applicator/microfiber cloth and spread on a small area of a panel. (20cm x 20cm ) approx, Buff off immediately, It is a grabby product to apply so hold on to your applicator or it will end up on the ground easy enough,
    Once finished, go around and give it a quick pritz of Sonax BSD, I did my new car last august and I top up with a mist of BSD while the car is wet, then dry with my drying towel and a final quick buff ( wipe ) with a clean MF cloth. I do this every 2nd or 3rd wash. It is holding up better than I thought.

You can use it on glass, paint, alloys and plastic and it won't leave any residue. Spray on, wipe off with a microfibre. Does not get any easier than that.

Thank you that's great news..

• Advertisement

vectra wrote: »
    Something else you could try,
    Sonax PNS, it is an aerosol container, spray a small amount to an applicator/microfiber cloth and spread on a small area of a panel. (20cm x 20cm ) approx, Buff off immediately, It is a grabby product to apply so hold on to your applicator or it will end up on the ground easy enough,
    Once finished, go around and give it a quick pritz of Sonax BSD, I did my new car last august and I top up with a mist of BSD while the car is wet, then dry with my drying towel and a final quick buff ( wipe ) with a clean MF cloth. I do this every 2nd or 3rd wash. It is holding up better than I thought.

Thanks Vectra. I will look that up also.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭choo choo man

Hi,

I have used this in my panoramic roof and all exterior glass, i would be hesitant to put any on the windscreen though!. I used this for the first time 2 weeks ago and i still have nice beading,time will tell!

Advertisement