Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Homestore & More?

• 04-11-2019 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭ JustMe,K

Does anyone know when they do their half price on Christmas decorations? Is it from 1st December?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Loughc

JustMe,K wrote: »
    Does anyone know when they do their half price on Christmas decorations? Is it from 1st December?

I think from the 27th of November depending if you sign up to their newsletter.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭ JustMe,K

Thanks - I get the newsletters but normally delete them so could not remember when the offers start! We need lots of new lights and I am loathe to pay the inflated price for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭ pigtail33

I found the e-mail from 2017 and the half price deal started on Nov 21st. I think for the Christmas deals, they usually start a week or so before the end of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭ JustMe,K

Even better -thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭ RebelScorned

Last year, Christmas offers started on 17 November. It wasn't all decorations though - half price Christmas tree lights, Christmas table linen and Cashel Living giftware. Same products were discounted in 2017 (started 21st November that year).

I'd say hold out a few weeks if you are looking for Christmas lights or table linen but I'm not sure if they reduce all Christmas decorations?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,693 ✭✭✭ DvB

We decided to pick up a few external lights in Homestore & More over the weekend, couldnt resist new icicle lights & the lit snowman either.
    Picked up some candy canes for the driveway as well. I know they'll come down in prce between now & Christmas but last year we missed out on upgrading our old external lights so decided to bite the bullet & get them early. Tested them at home Sunday evening & am looking forward to putting them all out in less than 4 weeks time!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭ pigtail33

Lidl seem to have some of the same stock this year as Homestore & More, already with the 50% off. Started yesterday.

€11.99 in Lidl
    https://www.lidl.ie/en/leaflet/lidl-ie-leaflet-wk45-november-2019-mon-4th-sun-10th/view/flyer/page/16

Compared to €24.99 in HS&M
    https://www.homestoreandmore.ie/light-up-decorations/candy-cane-path-lights-4-pack/073438.html

Advertisement