Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homestore & More?

Options
  • 04-11-2019 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know when they do their half price on Christmas decorations? Is it from 1st December?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

JustMe,K wrote: »
    Does anyone know when they do their half price on Christmas decorations? Is it from 1st December?

I think from the 27th of November depending if you sign up to their newsletter.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭JustMe,K

Thanks - I get the newsletters but normally delete them so could not remember when the offers start! We need lots of new lights and I am loathe to pay the inflated price for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭pigtail33

I found the e-mail from 2017 and the half price deal started on Nov 21st. I think for the Christmas deals, they usually start a week or so before the end of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭JustMe,K

Even better -thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

Last year, Christmas offers started on 17 November. It wasn't all decorations though - half price Christmas tree lights, Christmas table linen and Cashel Living giftware. Same products were discounted in 2017 (started 21st November that year).

I'd say hold out a few weeks if you are looking for Christmas lights or table linen but I'm not sure if they reduce all Christmas decorations?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,126 ✭✭✭✭DvB

We decided to pick up a few external lights in Homestore & More over the weekend, couldnt resist new icicle lights & the lit snowman either.
    Picked up some candy canes for the driveway as well. I know they'll come down in prce between now & Christmas but last year we missed out on upgrading our old external lights so decided to bite the bullet & get them early. Tested them at home Sunday evening & am looking forward to putting them all out in less than 4 weeks time!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Lidl seem to have some of the same stock this year as Homestore & More, already with the 50% off. Started yesterday.

€11.99 in Lidl
    https://www.lidl.ie/en/leaflet/lidl-ie-leaflet-wk45-november-2019-mon-4th-sun-10th/view/flyer/page/16

Compared to €24.99 in HS&M
    https://www.homestoreandmore.ie/light-up-decorations/candy-cane-path-lights-4-pack/073438.html

Advertisement