Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skincare with delivery System

Options
  • 04-11-2019 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi All,

I really need help to get my head around this.

I am 35 so decided to kick off some preventative measures for my skin situation. I don't have any skin issues or persistent lines. My main concern is under eye bags and under eye wrinkles ( crows feet) that starting to gradually show off. So basically main goal is prevention rather then treatment.

I started with skincare consultation in highly praised clinic- Amara in D2 .

What they've recommended was to start with Dr. Zein Obagi's range, cost of full pack is around 260 EUR

They've described it is a range with scientifically proven delivery system that penetrates into deeper level of your skin. This is not the case with majority of over-the-counter skincare Clinique, kiehl's etc who only settles on outer skin layer. This results in false signals being sent to deeper layers of your skin therefore making skin lazier and stop producing all good stuff.

First of all it is really hard for me to digest this new school of thought : apparently it is better not to use any moisturizer at all than anything purchased in Boots or Debenhams.

Secondly, all products misusing the terms "clinically proven", "scientifically tested ", How do I know that ZO skincare range is better then others?

It looks like I need some persuasion here.

I wonder if anyone here has experience with this skincare range and clinic and could share your opinion?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

Major alarm bells ringing that they claim not only is their product the best (a claim they all make) but also claiming that everything else is actively bad for you. Of all of the billions that are dumped into R&D they are somehow the only ones to happen onto both the idea that all existing skin care is bad and the magic ingredient to make an actually good skin care product. That would be a very fortunate coincidence for them.

The only persistent opinions you will find in the scientific community on anti-aging is the sun is bad and hydration is good. Pretty much everything else is fairly controversial with no real consensus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

They’re not wrong about the cosmetics (anything you can buy without a consultation basically) as they do just sit on the skin, they are unable to penetrate into the deeper levels of your skin.
    Then you’ve got your cosmeceuticals, so the likes of environ and image etc
    They’ll work in the dermis and help change and repair the cells from inside out, they’re a lot more active and results driven and focus on activity more than scents or how luxurious it feels.
    Then you’ll have your medical grade products where you’d go to a clinic to purchase. I have no experience with medical grade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

Yeah I wouldnt let your experience with a particular clinic deter you from such products. They are obviously just not very good at articulating the benefits. Totally ragging on department store skincare (to say its worse than nothing?!?!) seems extreme to me, and they're possibly undermining themselves by making such a claim.

I've recently started using Image MD range (having previously used various Image products that are available without a consult and being a big fan). The MD range has this "delivery system" stuff and apparently all it means is ingredients that allow the active ingredients better penetrate the skin.

Its a bit pricey but I've noticed a difference in the last few weeks. I'm definitely more comfortable paying for this type of product as opposed to anything you can get in a department store which can also be very expensive but will just sit on the skin.

FWIW I paid €200 for an Image MD pack, including SPF, cleanser, serum and repair cream.

Advertisement