Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

XBOX Elite Controller V2

Options
  • 04-11-2019 8:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭

Has anyone got one yet?

We probably need a new thread from the V1?

The initial reviews seem quite positive and I personally do like the changes.

Sealed battery is supposed to give 40 hours similar to the Nintendo Pro controller, which is fantastic if true.

I guess it's a case of waiting for deals or black Friday offers.

Argos here are really expensive at €196.99 but no doubt game bundles will come along with the Cex trade in to take the sting from the price.

I might try one after they have been out for a few weeks but after having 4 x V1, I hope the V 2 is everything we deserve for this price.

I've almost ordered one on amazon UK to use up some vouchers (gentle personal persuasion going on here! :) )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Got mine from MS on Friday.

Not used it a lot, but liking what little I've held it so far. Big fan of the first, actually have three of them across console and PC, so more refinement of what's come before is what I'm hoping for from the new one.
    Didn't have the issues that some have had with them, though I did have to replace the bumper on one of them......though to be fair it came from a drop.
    Whether it offers enough for everyone to switch up is down to the individual though. They're not cheap, but for me, they are the pad every other should be measured against. Never got on with the likes of the Wolverine or Raiju (PS4) so the Elites have naturally become me default controller on PC and Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭gmg678

I will get it, Prob closer to Christmas. I have two V1 and got stick drift in both. after fixing them the left trigger is going in one and the left bumper in the other just snapped so have to get them sorted again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

McDermotX wrote: »
    Got mine from MS on Friday.

Not used it a lot, but liking what little I've held it so far. Big fan of the first, actually have three of them across console and PC, so more refinement of what's come before is what I'm hoping for from the new one.
    Didn't have the issues that some have had with them, though I did have to replace the bumper on one of them......though to be fair it came from a drop.
    Whether it offers enough for everyone to switch up is down to the individual though. They're not cheap, but for me, they are the pad every other should be measured against. Never got on with the likes of the Wolverine or Raiju (PS4) so the Elites have naturally become me default controller on PC and Xbox.

Thanks dude. I'm definitely going to get one as I really did like the V1 and only returned my last one in September but didn't think there was any point taking a replacement when the V2 was on the way. Coincidentally, argos had stopped stocking the V1 at that point also so they gave me a refund.

The V1 was far nicer to play with that any of the other controllers I have and I had about 14 here between ps4 nacon, LE controllers for various consoles, etc.

I miss the weight and customisation of the Elite.

I will definitely buy the V2. Might order in the next week or so once I've watched a few more reviews.

So far, everything is positive. It would be great if MS came out with a nice Elite headset to go with it too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

My V1 is still working so I am going to hold out for the moment. 179.99 from Microsoft or Smyths is still very expensive. Wonder have they priced it a little too high. I had no problem paying the 149.99 for the V1. Is the V2 really 30 euro better, no its not. I will likely wait until after xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

I'm definitely getting one, it's just a matter of when. It's a lot of money the front at the moment.

I mentioned in another thread that my V1 isn't holding a sync with my Xbox. It's constantly disconnecting.

Going back to the vanilla controller isn't the worst, as it's still better than my DS4s, but I miss the paddles, hair triggers, and overall feel.

I'll think I'll ask for a voucher in the family Kris Kindle to soften the blow a bit.

• Advertisement

ZiabR wrote: »
    My V1 is still working so I am going to hold out for the moment. 179.99 from Microsoft or Smyths is still very expensive. Wonder have they priced it a little too high. I had no problem paying the 149.99 for the V1. Is the V2 really 30 euro better, no its not. I will likely wait until after xmas.

I know I'm only self justifying but I think the rechargeable battery pack and charging dock have to be worth €30 extra to me anyway :D. :D

Its pretty cool that you can charge it on the dock inside the case too. Probably work well with a PD power bank if needed.

Argos price is off the wall €196 but I bet they will do a bundle soon.

I've a lot of credit in gamestop so I might take the plunge in a few weeks. Either that of use up some amazon UK vouchers

amadablam wrote: »
    Argos price is off the wall €196 but I bet they will do a bundle soon.

People dont want bundles... Its not the kind of device you buy as a bundle. Its aimed at the hardcore or high end gamer who likely already have a One X.

The price is too high. You can buy a new Xbox One S with 2 controllers for the price of the V2.

ZiabR wrote: »
    People dont want bundles... Its not the kind of device you buy as a bundle. Its aimed at the hardcore or high end gamer who likely already have a One X.

The price is too high. You can buy a new Xbox One S with 2 controllers for the price of the V2.

With the greatest of respect, I do know the target market and would have bought almost every xbox released on day one.

Argos always bundle a game which you can trade to cex and get a chunk of your outlay back.

Id say a lot of the lads on here bought their V1 elites on argos game bundles and got 30-40 back from cex.

They did it with assassins creed origins and forza horizon 4. Both were easy to get close to 40 back bringing the v1 down to 110

If you don't want that kind of deal, fair play. But I would say a lot of people would be delighted to get a tradable game bundle at the moment and until the price of the controller drops.

amadablam wrote: »
    With the greatest of respect, I do know the target market and would have bought almost every xbox released on day one.

Argos always bundle a game which you can trade to cex and get a chunk of your outlay back.

Id say a lot of the lads on here bought their V1 elites on argos game bundles and got 30-40 back from cex.

They did it with assassins creed origins and forza horizon 4. Both were easy to get close to 40 back bringing the v1 down to 110

If you don't want that kind of deal, fair play. But I would say a lot of people would be delighted to get a tradable game bundle at the moment and until the price of the controller drops.

Yep, got my V1 in Argos for €120 with Dead Rising 4. Got €40 for DR4 in CEX so essentially got the controller for €80. Deal of the century!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

WarpAsylum wrote: »

I mentioned in another thread that my V1 isn't holding a sync with my Xbox. It's constantly disconnecting.

I'll think I'll ask for a voucher in the family Kris Kindle to soften the blow a bit.

you've probably done it, but just in case you didnt know - the firmware on controllers can be updated (not sure if its an automated process now, and I think you need to connect via usb to do it)

link to the procedure here
    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/update-xbox-one-controller

• Advertisement

you've probably done it, but just in case you didnt know - the firmware on controllers can be updated (not sure if its an automated process now, and I think you need to connect via usb to do it)

link to the procedure here
    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/update-xbox-one-controller

Yes man, I have, but thanks a million :)

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭TrivialArguer

Getting mine on Friday. Cant wait because its replacing my old Elite which had stick drift after 6 months of use!!

Have V1, no desire to upgrade. Used the paddles for a while but found them more of a hindrance than an advantage.

I use the longer rounded stick for the right trigger is shooters, but to be honest could live without.

Like the rubber grips though and dont have any peeling issues.

I'd rather spend my money on a customized controller. They come with rubber grips too.

Whats the general consensus on the new Elite V2. I have a few friends who bought it day 1 and 2 of them have said it is not as comfortable as the V1 and is is slippy in the hands. Anyone confirm that is the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Pretty impressed with it.
    I'd say it's probably more comfortable once you use it for a while, though initially it does feel a little 'different' than the original, plus some may not like the grip coming around to the front, but I dont mind it TBH. Dont find it slippy at all, with the texture on the palms feeling a bit less clammy, for lack of a better word.
    Internal battery and the charging while in the case are great updates as well.
    Could be the 'newness' of it, but it does feel more 'premium', but only the user can ask themselves is it worth upgrading at fairly significant cost. Be picking up another one in any case for the PC.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Don't have one, but my main bug bear with the last one was the grips that peeled off after they got too hot. This time around, that problem is apparently solved, as the new grip is part of the case itself, so there's nothing to peel off.

I think that I will eventually upgrade, but not anytime soon. Getting a switch lite for christmas instead.

Loving mine so far.

Love the build quality, shift function, new thumbsticks (wide ones since I play PS4 too), grip, triggers. I still have to get used to the stronger tension in the thumbsticks, shift function and smaller paddles. Surprisngly, I think its actually worth the 50 beans more than V1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Mines going back. Have the issue with the sticky A button. Really disappointing to have to send it back and not even taking an exchange. Will look at it again once it seems theyve sorted that issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭nelly17

Getting mine on Friday. Cant wait because its replacing my old Elite which had stick drift after 6 months of use!!
    Mine got it after about 4 months of use - rip off would never touch another one

bucks73 wrote: »
    Mines going back. Have the issue with the sticky A button. Really disappointing to have to send it back and not even taking an exchange. Will look at it again once it seems theyve sorted that issue.

I'm going to hold off on getting one for quite some time...

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-elite-controller-series-2-buyers-report-widespread-issues

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/drndrm/elite_controller_series_2_megathread/?sort=new

• Advertisement

nelly17 wrote: »
    Mine got it after about 4 months of use - rip off would never touch another one

Just buy from Amazon. Theyre great with returns/replacements.

Advertisement