Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radiator change

Options
  • 03-11-2019 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows cost involved with moving radiator from the normal horizontal type to a long vertical modern one on the wall In a sitting room,

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭shooter69

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows cost involved with moving radiator from the normal horizontal type to a long vertical modern one on the wall In a sitting room,

Cheers.

Did this a few years back , from memory the radiator (approx 6ft x 3ft) was €290 and plumber was €100- he had to shorten the supply/return line and fit new rad valves . Be warned if you go for steel one which I did its a very heavy unit , aluminium were lighter but more expensive, they look the biz though !

• Registered Users Posts: 16,883 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

shooter69 wrote:
    Did this a few years back , from memory the radiator (approx 6ft x 3ft) was €290 and plumber was €100- he had to shorten the supply/return line and fit new rad valves . Be warned if you go for steel one which I did its a very heavy unit , aluminium were lighter but more expensive, they look the biz though !

Doubt if you will get it done for anywhere near 100 now. Certainly not in Dublin anyway. He'd have to drain & fill the system to complete the job. It can be a nightmare finding grounds for the brackets on the vertical rads.

I'd be guessing 150 to 200 today in Dublin for the plumber.

Advertisement