Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prv capped off

Options
  • 02-11-2019 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭dodzy

RGI installed.
    PRV blanked.
    'nuf said.

493630.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

dodzy wrote: »
    RGI installed.
    PRV blanked.
    'nuf said.

The image isn't showing.

K.Flyer wrote: »
    The image isn't showing.

Very odd, as it was showing yesterday. Re-inserted photo above.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Have you a picture showing more of the pipework for context.
    If thats a hot press (up stairs?)' and no safety discharge pipe-work having been disconnected, then my initial thought is that its a very poor setup to facilitate having a pressure gauge at that point.

Is there a pressure relief valve at the gas boiler?
    Most gas boilers with the exception of some Heat Only models will have a built in safety valve, normally piped out through the wall. If that is in place and not blanked off, then there is no risk.

K.Flyer wrote: »
    Have you a picture showing more of the pipework for context.
    If thats a hot press (up stairs?)' and no safety discharge pipe-work having been disconnected, then my initial thought is that its a very poor setup to facilitate having a pressure gauge at that point.

Is there a pressure relief valve at the gas boiler?
    Most gas boilers with the exception of some Heat Only models will have a built in safety valve, normally piped out through the wall. If that is in place and not blanked off, then there is no risk.

Sorry for late reply KF. Bungalow. Oil boiler (Grant) fitted on outer adjacent wall. Unless there is some sort if integrated HP relief setup but I couldn't see anything obvious. I'm going to uncap the outlet of the PRV, connect and run a pipe through wall to outside property as a safeguard.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

dodzy wrote: »
    Sorry for late reply KF. Bungalow. Oil boiler (Grant) fitted on outer adjacent wall. Unless there is some sort if integrated HP relief setup but I couldn't see anything obvious. I'm going to uncap the outlet of the PRV, connect and run a pipe through wall to outside property as a safeguard.

Why did you have a rgi working on an oil boiler?

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

Wearb wrote: »
    Why did you have a rgi working on an oil boiler?
    Not my place. I was just installing a kitchen & tiling it and bathroom when I questioned the setup I pictured earlier. The guy was recommended by a colleague who did gas work at their property (RGI - certed and all accompanying paperwork supplied and work was good). She called him following the referral and he was happy to carry out the work at her place.

Advertisement