Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange radiator bleed valve issue.

Options
  • 02-11-2019 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭

We have a rad that never seems to heat to the same extent as the rest of the system. it's in the kitchen and first rad from the firebird located in the utility. Last night I bled it and got absolutely nothing, no air, no water. I left the small bleed valve open for about 15 mins but no change. Out of curiosity I took a spanner and removed the bleed valve completely expecting to get a result but only a small bit of air and again no water. The rad did improve somewhat but still hot at base and cooler at top.

Should I just replace the rad altogether ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Is it a pressurised system or open system , if pressurised you may need to top up the system .

If open check the expansion tank in the attic is full of water , have seen a ballcock stick in the closed position the odd time

Advertisement